1. Describe a time when you know you really disappointed your parents.
2. What do you think are your parent’s expectations of you? List as many as you can. How do you know those are your parent’s expectations of you?
3. Which of these expectations are really good and healthy and show that your parents love you? Are there any that seem unfair or too unrealistic?
I DARE YOU…
Sit down with your parents. Ask them three questions:
1. What kinds of things are you really afraid I will do or will happen to me?
2. What kinds of things do you wish for me and want for my life?
3. What kind of life is successful in your eyes?
Have a discussion about your parents dreams, hopes, fears and expectations.