The Power of One Caring Adult
A Special Event for Teachers, Parents, and Caring Adults
Being a kid these days is tough.
Being the teacher or parent of a kid is even tougher.
That’s why we all need a little help sometimes.
At this special event, you’ll hear from bestselling author and global youth advocate Josh Shipp who will give you practical insights on how to deal with those “I Give Up!” moments that every caring adult faces.
Once an at-risk foster kid himself, Josh was facing down a bleak future that was likely to include prison or homelessness—until he met the one caring adult who changed his life. Rodney, the foster parent who refused to quit on Shipp.
You’ll experience a hilarious and insightful presentation tackling:
- OWNERSHIP: When my kid messes up, how can I help them take ownership?
- COMMUNICATION: How do I get my kid to talk to me? They just grunt.
- TRUST: My teen blew it and lost my trust. Where do we go from here?
- BULLYING: Help! My kid is being bullied—online or face-to-face.
- DIFFICULT & AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS: Drugs. Death. Sex. Oh my.
You’ll Laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll walk away with practical tools and hope.
We hope you’ll join us.